04 October 2008

A Glimpse of the Past

I am using this media to tell a story through photographs, historical records, and oral histories from those who were there.

As good as these resources are, they are not complete, and in some cases, they are not quite accurate. You may find some contradictions, but overall the gist of the story comes through so I can show you a glimpse of the past.

I have been studying genealogy and researching my family's history as well as other family histories for over 15 years. I have worked transcribing historical records for Ancestry, I have also worked as a proof reader/editor for a newspaper, both of which helped trained my eye to look for and spot details. I will also be giving tips and advice, highlighting articles and information that I find to help you in your search, and also the good and bad in my own research.

No comments: