23 October 2008

My Free Trial Subscription

I signed up again to Ancestry.com. I just have their 14 day free trial so far. I have been using this online service for many years and really like it. But I let my membership go a few months ago because I just didn't have the time to use their services. Now that I have more time I am seriously considering subscribing again. If you are interested in checking them out go to Ancestry.com Free Trial
.
How long can one not work on genealogy? For me, it isn't very long. I am addicted. So, now I will see if I can stick with the 14 day free trial or will I buy a subscription. I might check out some other online subscriptions as well. Maybe I can find some other free trials.

I have heard of another service called, Footnote. I haven't checked them out yet, but I think I might. There's also genealogy.com, which I think used to be owned by the people who put out the Family Tree Maker software. I think they may be owned by Ancestry now. I'll have to check into that. I use the Family Tree Maker program on my computer and I like it, it is very user friendly.

And there are tons of free sites out there. I will have to write up a little critique of some of them when I can afford the time.

But for now I am going to use up my 14 day free trial and get as much as I can from it. And, I know in the long run I will be back to Ancestry, they really do offer a lot for the price.

No comments: